Henry, 27 months
1. Tell me, in breathless, painstaking detail, what you had for lunch at school that day when I pick you up. You know, the lunch I made you that morning. “I gotta peach, Mama! And noodles!”
2. Refer to the skin of the peach as the “wrapper” and the pit as the “pinecone.”
3. Announce your latest injury in terms of public awareness, not because you need me to do something about it. “I got bloods, mama. I okay!”
4. When presented with a favorite food, clap your hands and say, “I LOVE it!”
5. Tell me, “Mama? I a lucky boy.”
You sure are, Henry. We are, too.
What a nut. Yes, those are kid’s garden gloves, a firehat, a beaded necklace, a kid’s saw, a kid’s drill and a kid’s thermometer in this photo. And a giant hole in the foot of his pajamas. He’s clearly a multitasker with an ability to accessorize!
The photo up top is my Best Shot Monday, for more, go to Tracey Clark’s site!
Anna Sawin is a Connecticut-based portrait, wedding, and editorial photographer. She lives in the shoreline town of Stonington with her family and has discovered the perfect cupcake. Just ask, she is willing to share her secret.